How to Start Your Case with a Divorce Attorney
If you and your spouse have passed the point of working things out and know you want to dissolve your marriage contract, divorce attorney Julie Beth Jouben, P.A. can help you through. Here is what you do once you know that reconcilement is not an option in Clearwater.
- Do your research. Look around at the divorce attorney options in Clearwater. Get a feel for who is out there, explore their websites, and see how you feel about the firm from the information you find.
- Know your situation. The more prepared you are for your first meeting, the better you will understand whether this particular lawyer is right for you. Understanding your situation and having a relatively clear picture of what you want after the separation will give you and your lawyer a good idea whether you are right for each other.
- Think about your children. If you have kids, try to think through what will be best for them, what you would like regarding child custody and child support, and what a fair situation would be for your soon-to-be ex-spouse. Thinking about what will happen with the children can make the issue of divorce highly emotional so thinking things through can help you to keep emotions at bay.
- Take an account of your property. Having at least a basic idea about your assets will help your divorce attorney gauge your situation. Even if you do not have exact property appraisals and assessments in order, having a good idea will be beneficial during your first meeting.
- Schedule a consultation. Meeting your lawyer face-to-face in Clearwater will allow you to get a feel for them as a person. You can explain your situation, ask the most important questions, and discuss your concerns before making any commitments.
Schedule Your Consolation with Divorce Attorney Julie Beth Jouben
Once you have thought through your situation and feel comfortable taking the next step, consider meeting with divorce attorney Julie Beth Jouben, P.A. Our Clearwater firm focuses on family law and we know what it takes to fight for your best interest in the dissolution of marriage. Give us a call at 727-449-9929 as soon as you are ready to talk!