Follow us
GReen Card Application

Green Card Attorney | Clearwater

Green Card Attorney | Clearwater

Hiring a green card attorney to help you through the complicated process of acquiring permanent residence in Clearwater can help you avoid common pitfalls. The law firm of Julie Beth Jouben, P.A. is here for you to help you take the correct steps during your quest to change your immigration status in the United States.

What Do I Need To Do To Get A Green Card?

There are six different ways to acquire permanent residence in the United States. Your green card attorney in Clearwater can analyze your situation thoroughly to understand which category you qualify for. In some instances, you may be eligible for several different categories. If that is the case, then you may be able to apply for multiple types and sit tight to see which one comes through first, since some are more backlogged than others.

Each group comes with a set of guidelines and procedures, so make sure you talk to your green card attorney to understand the requirements and your qualifications fully before applying. You can request permanent residence if you meet the guidelines in one or more of the following categories:

1. Employment

If you are in the U.S. for employment purposes and hold a work visa, you may be able to obtain permanent residence. The wait time varies depending on the category that your profession or job is in. If you have a set of extraordinary skills, are a high-level executive, or if you happen to be a top-notch professor or researcher, you have a good chance of obtaining employment-based permanent residence to work and live in Clearwater.

2. Immediate Relatives

If you have immediate family members — such as a spouse or adult children— who are U.S. citizens, the relationship can qualify you for permanent residence. Minor children of U.S. citizens fall into this category as well.  The wait time for permanent resident status based on marriage to a U.S. citizen is often relatively quick compared to other wait times.

3. Other Relatives (by Preference Categories)

Family members who do not qualify as “immediate relatives” may also sponsor you for permanent residence. Your brother or sister could petition on your behalf. If you are a married adult, your U.S. citizen parent can sponsor you for permanent residence in Clearwater. There is a very specific list of what types of relationships qualify. Talk to your green card attorney to see if any of your relatives make the cut.

4. Immigrant Visa Lottery

The diversity visa lottery was put in place by the U.S. government as a way to increase diversity within our nation. People from underrepresented countries can apply for this program in order to obtain residence in the United States of America.

5. Asylum or Refugee

If you were forced to flee your country due to violence or persecution for religious, political, or other beliefs, you might qualify for permanent resident status for humanitarian reasons. If you are seeking asylum, let a lawyer help you create a clear plan of action in Clearwater.

6. Investment in the United States

Entrepreneurs who invest $1,000,000 in a business in the United States and create 10 new jobs for U.S. workers can qualify for permanent resident status.  In certain situations, an investment of $500,000 will be sufficient.  The process is extremely complicated and should not be undertaken without the help of a green card attorney.

How Can a Green Card Attorney Help Me?

Your advocate can assist you from the beginning to the end of the process by preparing your application, gathering necessary documentation, filing, helping you prepare for the interview, and being there by your side to protect you at the interview itself.

One of the most important reasons to consult with an advocate before your interview is to make sure that you do not have any grounds for inadmissibility that you may not be aware of. If you have complications in your case, your green card attorney will identify them for you ahead of time so that you may address them head on. They can help you explain your case to the officer and speak on your behalf if problems arise.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Call Your Green Card Attorney at Julie Beth Jouben, P.A

If you wish to file for permanent residence while residing in Clearwater, you must remember that waiting on your application to come through does not give you legal rights to remain in the country. Your green card attorney at Julie Beth Jouben, P.A. can help you through the process from start to finish. Give us a call at 727-449-9929 to discuss your situation and let us assist you through each step of obtaining your change of status.